May 26, 2012

Due Date

Due Date is freaking hilarious! I was smiling within minutes and kept that smile throughout the film. It was that fun watching it. I laughed so hard at some of the scenes because it had the perfect marriage of a witty script and actors who can deliver and do those lines justice. The tandem of Robert Downey Jr, and Zach Galifianakis is something I want to see often! These two are geniuses, that's what they are! Simply amazing! However, they aren't the only geniuses. We also have to acknowledge the brilliance of Todd Phillips, the director of the movie. He co-wrote the screenplay with three other people.

For the basic information, Due Date was a 2010 comedy movie starring the awesome duo of Robert Downey Jr and Zach Galifianakis. The film also featured Jamie Foxx and Michelle Monaghan (one of the stars of Gone Baby Gone: http://mrfilmreviewer.blogspot.com/2012/05/gone-baby-gone.html) It's about Peter's (Downey) journey to Los Angeles along with Ethan (Galifianakis), trying to beat time in order to arrive in LA before Peter's baby is born.

It had a Harold and Kumar vibe to it. For starters, pot was also involved in this movie. Moreover, the basic plot of the movie reflected the same plots used for Harold and Kumar - they have to achieve something in time, but thing get out of hand along the way. They stumble upon different obstacles and personalities on their way to LA, getting beaten up by a disabled war veteran, being arrested by the Mexican police, and all sorts of things. All these things made their journey a lot more interesting. That, in return, made a comical road trip. And I enjoyed it a lot!

Aside from the comedic aspect of it, I also enjoyed seeing all the different locations they shot at. Since this was a road trip movie, they showcased a lot of different places and it made me feel like I was exploring the United States just by watching the movie. I particularly liked the one at the Grand Canyon, though I'm not sure if they actually shot at the Grand Canyon. They did shot at multiple locations and I enjoyed seeing every single one of them.

I liked this movie a lot. I know critics didn't particularly praised the film, but the hell with that. This was a comedy movie, and they brought the laughs for me. I was thoroughly amused by it. Plus, it's a comedy with a heart. Of course it all worked because they managed to find the perfect pairing of Robert Downey Jr and Zach Galifianakis.

No comments:

Post a Comment