December 20, 2011

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol

This movie had me the moment it started. It's fun, exhilarating and downright impressive. The gadgets, the actors, the action scenes. I liked almost everything about this movie. It's a viewing experience I haven't had in years! I could not stay put and sit still because the moments in the movie begs for this response.

It may be a typical plot for these kind of movies, extracting something, intercepting something, fighting somebody. It's very predictable. But it's the execution that made me like this film. The stunts were very impressive because it had a well-thought out choreography yet it still maintained the sense of danger. It made the audience feel scared for Tom Cruise or Jeremy Renner. (This is very apparent especially when one person in a movie house is shouting her tonsils out every 5 or so minutes) A lot of times the trailer is much more exciting than the movie, but this is not one of those. The movie actually grabs you, and lets you experience what the characters are experiencing.

The cast was brilliant as well. Simon Pegg's character was definitely a highlight! The wit and the humor of his lines would not be as effective without his perfect delivery. I looked forward to the next thing he'll say or do. He was just excellent. I haven't seen the third installment of the movie but I am definitely looking forward to it. Jeremy Renner was also great. I became a fan of his when I saw The Town and he did not disappoint at all in this film. He played a thug in The Town, now a spy and field agent in this film. He wasn't all action and drama. He can be funny as well. He is just versatile. This is the first time I'm seeing the work of Paula Patton, and wow she is lovely! She's a good actress, and a badass spy! She also looked so beautiful in the film. Tom Cruise did the waiting of the film Justice. It's been a while since the last one, and the anticipation was definitely worth it. He still has it!

I also have to commend the writers. The script was brilliant in my opinion. The level of drama, intensity, action, and of course humor, definitely caught me. Andre Nemec and Josh Appelbaum are brilliant writers! This movie was just that good. (at least in my perspective)

I really hope there's a fifth installment and I hope everyone stays. The film impressed me so much. I can say that it's worth the time and the money. You won't even need to buy food because you'll be grabbing your chair throughout the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment