January 21, 2012

Broken Path

Let me start this one by saying that I was a huge Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (MMPR) fan. In fact, I still am. I watched some full episodes recently, read the Wikipedia page of the actors involved, and searched for clips and interview articles. I liked the whole MMPR series and I must admit, the following series didn't do much for me. MMPR was the last power rangers franchise I saw.

It might seem weird that I'm starting this off this way, but MMPR has a lot to do with this entry. Johnny Yong Bosch played the role of Adam Park in the MMPR series and he was one of my favorites. While everyone wanted to be Tommy, I wanted to be Adam. While doing some research about the cast of MMPR, i stumbled upon Johnny Yong Bosch's Wikipedia page and saw that he was doing a move called Broken Path (he was also busy with Anime work, but this particular film stood out because it was a live action one). From that point on, I waited for it to be released, and it took some time. I saw the trailer and I knew I wanted to watch it, mostly because it was another opportunity to relive the MMPR days as it starred an MMPR cast member, doing fighting scenes similar to it as well. The plot also appealed to me - having a secret life his wife didn't know about.

Some time later, I found out that it was released and I immediately checked it out. I have to say it was worth the wait. I got exactly what I wanted to see, if not even more. I wished I had seen it in a movie house with the big screen and sound systems. It was full of suspense, action, and drama, and it all went well with the film. The last scene of the film was really intense and a little shocking at times. The choreography of the fight scenes was just what I hoped for. However, aside from all the brilliant fight scenes, another thing that made me like this movie was the cast itself. JYB, Pamela Walworth, and Daniel Southworth were just amazing! I won't go into much detail about it, but I will say that it's worth the time.

I personally liked it because I really like these kinds of films, and it was well-done as well. It wasn't produced by the big shots filmmakers, but it gave me the same viewing experience anyway. There has been a lot of talk of the "90s kids". If you think you are, I recommend that you check this out and feel young again by watching a former power ranger kick ass in this film.You won't be screaming "its morphin time" with Johnny Yong Bosch while watching the film, but his moving action packed performance will still bring you down memory lane and remind you just how awesome he was in MMPR.

Fun facts: Johnny Young Bosch is currently in a band called "Eyeshine" and you can look up some of their music videos online. You can also help them perform at the Grammy's. just visit the Facebook page of the Grammy's (Grammy Live Contest) to vote for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment