December 25, 2012

The Polar Express

Since it's still Christmas, and it's still the Christmas season, I decided to write about a Christmas movie. honestly, I'm not very big on Christmas movies, as much as I love the holidays. I decided to get this one for two reasons. First, Tom Hanks was in it, and you all know how much of a fan I am of Mr. Hanx. Second, I've always been curious about this movie cause I remember seeing the trailer and being on the fence of it, and it caused me to want to watch the movie just to feed my curiosity. But I will keep this short not to take much time from your holidays.

The Polar Express was a 2004 movie directed by Robert Zemeckis, director of Forrest Gump, which as we know won several awards and gained wide recognition. It starred Tom Hanks, also star of Forrest Gump, Josh Hutcherson, Daryl Sabara, Leslie Zemeckis, Eddie Deezen, Nona Gaye, Tinahse, Peter Scolari and many more. It was a commercially successful movie, although critics only gave it mixed to positive feedback.

I kinda liked it. There were a few parts that were a little boring. But for the most part, it was a good movie. It was very family friendly, and very suited for children. It taught valuable lessons while keeping the spectacular element of it. The visuals were great and the effects were just amazing. The visuals itself made the story enjoyable. The story was also worth noticing. I twas about believing, not only in Christmas or Santa Claus, but in general. It's about hope and faith. I thought that was a beautiful focus for a children's movie.

I also want to mention how amazing Tom Hanks was taking on different roles for the movie. He was truly a star and he managed to handle all the roles given to him, in this movie alone. Josh Hutcherson was also commendable as the main protagonist of the movie. Everyone who provided voices, or the action-capture, were amazing. They should all be proud of the movie. Most especially the director for creating this kind of movie. An entertaining movie with a valuable lesson, and of course, my favorite, stunning effects.

Merry Christmas everyone and enjoy the holidays.

You can follow me on twitter @sirfilmreviewer or email me at mrfilmreviewer@yahoo.com. You can also follow this blog by checking the right side of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment