June 07, 2012

The Bourne Supremacy

Just posted my review of The Bourne Identity ( http://mrfilmreviewer.blogspot.com/2012/06/bourne-identity.html ) a few hours ago, and here's my review of the sequel, The Bourne Supremacy. The plot started two years after Bourne's search for his identity. Jason and Marie were living miles away from all things related to his being an assassin. Then everything changes when people get killed and Jason was forced to come out to the world once again.

At the beginning I was already convinced that the first one was better, but halfway through the movie, I realized Bourne Supremacy was actually better than its predecessor. That's saying a lot considering how impressed I was by the first movie. However, I thought the second movie had a better plot and its development was a lot more exciting. It was filled with suspense, drama and action. After watching the movie, I thought everything about it was better. They even had great locations for the movie.

I think the story was the main reason why I liked this movie better. From the onset, there was a sense of animosity and that atmosphere held up throughout the entire movie. Then things started to unfold, and things started to change quickly. The development of it moved fast enough to maintain the suspense, but slow enough for the audience to absorb what's going on. Unfortunately, the rich plot included deaths. I do recognize, however, how essential these deaths were. It made the story go deeper and it served as an enrichment to an already strong plot.

I also thought that the action sequences were brought to another level. The choreography of it was a lot more intricate because it relied less on the guns and more on the hand-to-hand combat. However, what I liked best in this movie were the car chasing scenes. I love those kind of scenes and it's always exhilarating to witness something like that. Actually, both films had car chasing scenes, and I enjoyed both equally.

I guess what's good about the Bourne series is that the quality of the movies escalates along with its popularity. Some series end up having sequels that are just not up to par with its predecessors. However, it's a different story for the Bourne franchise. I think it just kept getting better and stronger. You'll see this when I write my entry for The Bourne Ultimatum. But I'll tell you now that it is

No comments:

Post a Comment