June 28, 2012

Star Trek

I never intended to watch this movie before as I was never a big Star Trek fan (I'm sorry to those of you who are). If I did intend to see it, it would have been much later, maybe when they decide to do a sequel or something. Maybe I would have checked it out then. Star Trek just wasn't part of my interests. I can't necessarily pinpoint why, it just wasn't. Suddenly I found myself watching it anyway.

Watching this movie made me consider giving it another try. This movie made me appreciate Star Trek. I have no idea how close this movie was to the original, or which elements were retained and let go. However, this film was enough to trigger my interest and made me realize I probably might be missing out. Since I never really liked Star Trek, I never knew anything about it, except for what Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory share/lecture about. I did know Spock and Kirk , though so please don't kill me.

I really liked this movie (I was about to use a different term than really, one that starts with an F, but thought I should keep it clean). The effects won me over, if I'll be completely honest. It was just magnificent to witness all the creativity that went to the effects. As I've mentioned before, I'm a very visual person so I enjoy visual movies. This movie had much more amazing visuals than I could have hoped for. Another thing I liked about the movie was how hilariously entertaining it was. There were a lot of things and details in the movie that brought happiness to me as a viewer.

I also enjoyed enjoying identifying the members of the all star cast. I was surprised to see several faces, as I did not do any research about the movie prior to watching it. I knew Chris Pine starred in it, but it was a pleasant surprise to see other stars as well. I was glad to see Jennifer Morrison, John Cho, Anton Yelchin, Simon Pegg, and other actors in it. I was not even sure if it really was Anton Yelchin, but I became sure as the movie went on. Seeing him speak with his Russian accent was definitely one of the highlights for me. Another highlight, seeing John Cho have a fight scene. Who knew Harold was such a badass. It really was a great ensemble and I had fun seeing all the familiar faces work together. Also, although I didn't know him before this, Karl Urban was superb as Bones McCoy; easily one of my favorite characters in it.

Now that I think about it, it's actually a very interesting idea for a movie. Anything out of this world, in this instance, literally, is always interesting cause it's new, it's different. Star Trek has been around for quite some time now, but the idea behind it one we can't really fully grasp since it's out of this world, pun intended. For the movie, that apparently had a huge budget evidenced by, well the whole movie, I liked it a lot. I liked it a lot more than I ever thought I would. It exceeded all my expectations and more, and proved to be one fantastic movie. It'shad to discuss specific elements of the movie that I liked because I liked it as a whole. It was really awesome! Trust me on that.

I just saw that there would be a sequel, and I'm happy to say that all the characters I liked will be back. Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Karl Urban, Zoe Saldana, John Cho, Anton Yelchin, and Simon Pegg will be back and that's very good news. It's funny cause it doesn't even have a title yet, but hey it ought to be good. I have a feeling they will step everything up, starting with the budget, so hopefully, the sequel will be even better than the first. If they pull that off, people will just flock to movie houses to see it.


You can follow me on twitter @sirfilmreviewer or email me at mrfilmreviewer@yahoo.com. Or you can just follow this blog by checking the right side of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment