June 26, 2012

Fast and Furious

I've always enjoyed this franchise, and I get excited everytime they make a new one. It's one of the franchises that I wish would go on and on, and never stop. It's no secret that I'm a big lover of car scenes, and the Fast and the Furious franchise always satisfies my hunger for a solid, raw car chase scenes. After all it's a franchise about cars. But yeah, I always look forward to the next installments cause each of it satisfies me. It always delivers what it promises to give.

Fast and Furious, aka Fast and the Furious 4 was released in 2009 and starred its original cast Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster. It was directed again by Justin Lin, and was written by Chris Morgan. It was a highly successful movie in the box-office earning more than 363 million dollars on an 80 million dollar budget.

What I really liked about the movie was how they went back to its roots, bringing the original cast back together and having them speed up once again. I really enjoyed the team-up of Paul Walker and Vin Diesel in the first movie which led me to be a little disappointed when Vin Diesel didn't return for 2 Fast 2 Furious, and Paul Walker didn't return for Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (Vin Diesel appeared in the third movie, though the third film was very far from the first two and next two movies). I also really liked Michelle Rodriguez and Jordana Brewster in it. Michelle Rodriguez is one of the most badass chicks in the movie business and seeing herin action is always a pleasure. Jordana Brewster's one of the most beautiful women in the movie industry and a great actress as well. These four will always be the Fast and the Furious team for me.

Normally, I wouldn't give much attention to the story since it was always about the action, the cars, the chase scenes. The plots of the movies always came in second. However, for this movie, at least for me, the plot got me interested. It was a tragic one, but it was engaging. I did wish the "tragedy" didn't happen cause I liked this specific character a lot and wanted her to stay on. I was hoping that at the end of the movie, a twist would be revealed. It never happened, but that element of the movie locked me in the movie. Of course, things would change in the fifth installment of the movie, Fast Five. I'd say the plot for this movie was probably one of the better ones as it really coincided with the whole movie.

I really liked this movie. As one critic said, this is the "first real sequel" to the first movie and I enjoyed every single second of it. It still had the fantastic cars, the thrilling chase scenes, and it reunited the awesome cast. They are currently creating the sixth installment of the franchise, and the plot looks promising as well. The twist revealed at the end of Fast Five will be a great development for the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment